11 Ekim 2012 Perşembe

To moonlight or not to moonlight

To contact us Click HERE
Today while I was literally scrubbing the bathroom floors at the McDonalds where I now work, I got a phone call from a number I have never seen before.  Not wanting to break any rules on my first day on the job, I let it ring and go straight to voicemail.  After work I checked the message and it was a phone call from Meijer saying they're doing interviews for part time afternoon positions.

As much as I'd like the extra income, I find myself in a bind.  Right now McDonalds is only giving me 20 hours a week which is half of what I'd like to be seeing.  Today was also my first day so once they see what I'm capable of, I'm sure I'll be getting more hours.  If I was to get a second job, I can't even be sure McDonalds would give me a full schedule only working mornings.  Plus my girlfriend isn't quite keen on the idea of not being able to see me as much.  I sympathize with her too because I'm driving back down to Florida for school in two months and I want to spend as much time with her as I possibly can.

And it's also entirely possible the extra cash from the Meijer job wouldn't even off-set my reduced availability at McDonalds and the gas I'd be burning to drive 15 miles through a construction zone during evening rush hour.  I could REALLY use that extra money though, but is it worth time at home with my family and my girlfriend whom I barely get to see as it is?

Decisions decisions...

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder